Nothing is Perfect




Look at these pictures…




 

Other than my studio being small, I would say that it’s perfect. At least, perfect for me. And besides, I don’t care that it’s small because I got it for the balcony and the location. Nothing is perfect, though. Something had to go wrong and it did.

The first time I used the shower, I started to hear a leaking sound. I didn’t see that coming. I found out it was the water heater. The water heaters here are placed differently. I’m not positively sure, but I believe that the water heater or heaters in the apartment buildings in the US are placed in one location because I never see them. Here, it is placed in each individual unit and usually placed above the toilet. And there is also a box in the wall where you turn the water on and off. My temporary solution was to turn it off when I am not using it. I’ve had this problem for 2 weeks since I got here, but I have been avoiding facing it. Maybe, because the last time I was at the apartment building office I had to communicate with the office lady using Google Translate, or maybe I’m just being lazy. I was hoping I could just wait until I get back to the US and get something from Home Depot or Amazon for an easy fix. 

I put on my calendar to go see the lady at the office today, but I erased it because I was being lazy. I had no idea it would happen anyway. I was about to leave my studio to go to the market, when I heard something like a key opening my front door. I was shocked. I thought there was no way, I was only imagining it. And sure enough, the door opened and I saw two people standing at the door. They were just as surprised as I was. I asked confusedly, “Why do you have the key to my studio?” The lady explained that she is from management and they are inspecting all the balconies. She apologized, she forgot to ring the door bell first. I said, “Since you’re here, I want you to know that my water heater is leaking. Can you help me find someone who can fix it?” A few hours later, the man that was with her came back with the repair man and a new water heater. 



Once again, God came to my rescue. It happened for me without even trying. The solution fell on my lap. Later, I found out when I went back to the office that that lady was the same lady who has been sending me emails for the last 2 years regarding the maintenance fee and that she was only here for one week. What a perfect timing! Actually it just dawned on me, it’s not true that nothing is perfect. Timing is the only thing that could be perfect. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in November

Hello

Tiny Discoveries