A Prison Trip in Milan





I’ve realized, every time I did something I was afraid of, the outcome was always great. Like when I lost my passport in Stockholm en route to Barcelona, and when I was about to go to prison in Milan ― I didn’t mean it like it sounds, or like it reads. Let me explain... 

When I wrote 
Tour Away, I mentioned that the man I was looking for worked at InGalera in Milan, but what I didn’t mention was, InGalera was a restaurant inside the prison. I know it’s unheard of, but it’s true. They try to reform their prisoners by teaching them skills and giving them jobs. In galera, in English, means “in jail.” If you didn’t know it was a prison, you wouldn’t believe it. 




The restaurant interior looks nice and elegant. The prisoners are dressed formally and they look professional. But I knew it was in prison, that’s why I was afraid. Although in the end, the result of my trip turned out to be unimaginable, more than I could ever hope for. No wonder Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “Always do what you are afraid to do.”



Comments

  1. Such a wonderful experience experience, though. When we travel to a place that we don't know it teaches us a lot of things and explore. Keep safe dear sis. Have a wonderful day ahead. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read my mind :). This sounds like something I would say, and I have said actually, in my own words. This is how I ended my blog post, Tour Away: “When you take a risk and venture off into an unfamiliar place, there is always a reward. Serendipity does its magic and wah lah! Things happen for you.” A million thanks for your comment. It’s deeply appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in November

Hello

Tiny Discoveries