It’s not the Place, It’s the People



Santorini was my ultimate dream travel destination. I thought it was the most beautiful place I have ever seen, but when I got there I was a little disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still the most beautiful place I have ever seen, but it’s not the place, it’s the people.

I mentioned before that while I was searching for places to visit in Santorini, I found Mykonos by accident. When I was there, I noticed that the people were friendlier. I even made a couple of friends. 




I met a nice well-traveled man at a bakery cafe. He has been working all over Europe and just came home to Greece. We had a nice chat over coffee and decided to keep in touch via Facebook. And while I was walking on the charming black and white narrow cobblestone streets of Mykonos, this old Greek guy tried to talk to me. It was pretty obvious I was not Greek, but that did not stop him from doing so. He was adorable.

I met the best one when I went to the beach one time. I wanted to go in the water, but I had my tote with me as usual, so I decided to leave it on the sand. Then, this little girl tried to stop me. She yelled out, “No, don’t do that!” I knew then that she knew someone could just grab and steal it. It was my first time in Europe and I was so naive. She was cute. She even asked me to take her picture. I will never forget that little girl. 

Mykonos may not be as gorgeous as Santorini, but the people were friendly and kind. I witnessed the kindness of a stranger, even a little one. Life is full of unexpected turns. I tried hard searching for something I thought I wanted, but in the end, I found something better I was not even searching for. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in November

Hello

Tiny Discoveries