Christmas in November


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1IQskvHRViJgfeWimlsiXrskXLHelO1Dd


When I left New Jersey and went back to California, it hurt my relationship with my boyfriend to a point where he stopped answering my calls. Eventually, I gave up trying. This is why they say long distance relationship never works.

I had a dilemma. My vacation has already been approved by my employer and I had already bought a non-refundable ticket long before all these happened. I decided to just go and see what happens even though we haven’t spoken for months. I thought I would give it one last chance. 

Since I was not sure what was waiting for me when I got to New Jersey, I needed a plan B. What would I do during that long weekend all by myself in case he refused to see me? It was that time of the year when they light the tree in New York City, the  lighting ceremony at Rockefeller Plaza which happens the week after Thanksgiving. That year it was going to be on November 30, 2010. I thought I should see it. So, I booked a hotel near Central Park. 

Thanksgiving was coming up and stores advertised more than any other time of the year. Every time I saw Macy’s ad, their logo, the star kept grabbing my attention. Especially when I saw it on their window at the mall and right below it it said, “The Magic of Macy’s.” 





Well, he didn’t refuse to see me. It was quite the opposite. He was so happy to see me. We took the train to New York. We walked around the city. We saw what appeared to be the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, which was surprising because Thanksgiving was over. 




We went to the Christmas market by Christopher Columbus Circle. We saw the Christmas decorated horse drawn carriages at Central Park. We bought some roasted chestnuts from one of the street vendors, which actually tasted good. They reminded me of the Philippines. My mom used to make them around Christmas time. 





Finally, we went to see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Plaza. The tree looked magical. There was this lady who approached us and asked us if we wanted our picture taken. It was an instant photo. She had her printer with her and everything. We decided to go for it. When the picture was ready, I looked at it and there it wasthe star, right above us.





When you take a chance, you’ll be surprised what could happen. It turned out to be the most unforgettable night of my life, filled with wonderful moments. It was the best Christmas I ever had and it was not even December.

Comments

  1. Wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness...A Blessed Christmas Ate😘 God bless you always🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hòpe it will a long and lasting love..wishing you both a very merry christmas Relli😘❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful love story! Truly the magic of destiny. You’re both destined for each other. Let the love guide both you for a lifetime of happiness. 💕

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello

Tiny Discoveries