Thank God for Google Translate



The next day after I arrived in Sunny Beach, I went down to the front desk to ask them to fix my key fob just as the security guard said the night before. I went to the front desk, but nobody was there. The house keeper told me to go to the other building. 

I went to the other building and the daytime security guard fixed my key fob, but when I asked her for the password for the internet, she said it was only for the  common area (like the swimming pool and the lobby). She asked how long I was staying and when I said 3 months, she said I should get my own. I told her I would, but I needed it just for now. She gave me a temporary one for 5 days only.




5 days have expired. My plan was to go to Vivacom. It’s popular here in Bulgaria. It’s walking distance. That’s why I chose Sunny Beach, it’s walkable to everything. I went there and I found out that they don’t provide internet for 3 months, they only do contracts. 

Walking back to my place, I felt like crying. Not having an internet was not an option. How can I keep in touch with my family? How can I write? Writing makes me happy. 





My plan B was to go back to the security lady at the other building and tell her that I tried getting my own internet, but Vivacom doesn’t provide internet for only 3 months. Maybe, that would be a good enough excuse, so that she would give me the internet even just for the common area. I did, but the lady was not there. There was another lady in the office. I told her what my problem was. She picked up her phone and I thought she was going to call someone. Instead, she typed something and then showed it to me. It was Google Translate. She translated what she needed to say. It turned out she didn’t speak English.

I did the same thing. I translated what I needed to say and that’s how we communicated. Before I left the US, I downloaded the Bulgarian language, so that I would be able to use it off line. It was a good thing that I did. The security lady from before should have told me that I actually get the internet service from them. After exchanges of translated questions and answers with the office lady, I was able to get the internet service for $55. Not bad for unlimited internet for 3 months. 

The answer was easy and in front of my eyes all along. I just couldn’t see it because I was fixated on something else. I was determined to stick to my plan. I was trying too hard to find my own solution. When all I had to do was to let go and let it come to me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in November

Hello

Tiny Discoveries