Tiny Discoveries




What a find! Cantaloupe ice cream in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria…Ahhh! The simple pleasures in life.

I would have not noticed it if I didn’t see a lady taking pictures of the ice cream display. How could she not? It looked beautiful. And when she turned around, I realized she was a Filipina. The first and only Filipina I saw in Bulgaria, so far. It was a happy accident, another serendipitous moment. Those kind of accidents happen to me a lot when I travel. I don’t know why. Maybe because serendipity is always on your side when you follow your dream.



The last time I had something similar to a cantaloupe ice cream was super long time ago in the Philippines. It’s called, “ice candy.” We shred the cantaloupe, add some sugar and make a drink out of it. We put it in skinny long bags and freeze them. Some people even sell them from home. My grandmother did.



I never had corn on my pizza before. Surprisingly, it was delicious. This is chicken and corn pizza. It looks so much bigger in person. Just one slice makes me full. 




I see these coffee vending machines everywhere in Sunny Beach. There is one across the street from my apartment building. There is one next door. You can get strong coffee like espresso and so many others for as low as 25 cents. What a deal! Instant coffee anytime you want!

These may be just tiny discoveries, but they could mean so much. After all, simple or not, these are some of the pleasures in life.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in November

Hello